St. George Greek Preschool Mission
Provide an environment where children ages 18 months to 5 years can grow and develop, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually and physically, while being immersed in the Greek language. The school provides full and half-day options for 2, 3, or 5 days a week immersing our children in the Greek language and culture.
- Pie Fundraiser! !
- 2019-2020 School Year:
- View the updated 2019-2020 School Calendar
- Link to pay September Installment: https://stgeorge.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/309/responses/new
- Links for forms:
- All Students: https://stgeorge.org/wp-
- Emergency Form: https://stgeorge.org/wp-
- Medication & Allergy Forms: https://stgeorge.org/wp-
- All Students: https://stgeorge.org/wp-
Please note that some dates for events scheduled near the end of the school year may change depending on the St. George Greek Festival.
A final copy will be sent out as soon as possible.
2019-2020 Tuition Rates
|OPTION||HOURS||STANDARD TUITION||TUITION WITH
|Mon, Wed, & Fri||9:30am -12:00pm||$3,500||$2,950|
|Mon, Wed, & Fri – “Epikinonia” (Communication)||1:00pm – 3:30pm||$3,500||$2,950|
|Tue & Thr||9:30am – 12:00pm||$2,550||$1,965|
|Tue & Thr – “Epikinonia” (Communication)||1:00pm – 3:30pm||$2,550||$1,965|
2019-2020 Additional Programs:
Before Care, Lunch Bunch, and After Care
|BEFORE CARE||Mon, Wed, & Fri||8:30am – 9:30am||$850|
|Tue, Thr||8:30am – 9:30am||$600|
|LUNCH BUNCH||Mon, Wed, & Fri||12:00pm – 1:00pm||$795|
|Tue, Thr||12:00pm – 1:00pm||$530|
|AFTER CARE||Mon, Wed, & Fri||3:30pm – 5:30pm||$850|
|Tue, Thr||3:30pm – 5:30pm||$600|
NOTE: Availability subject to enrollment. If a class or add-on option does not have sufficient enrollment, St. George Greek Preschool reserves the right to cancel the class.
MONDAY- FRIDAY PACKAGE
Students enrolled in Monday through Friday full day program (9:30am-3:30pm) get a 5% tuition discount
Non Stewards: $12,754.00
Families that have 2 or more children enrolled in the 2019-2020 school year, receive a 5% discount
2019-2020 Payments Schedule
|February – March 2018||Registration||$250 nonrefundable fee applied to balance|
|June 1, 2019||Deposit||$750 nonrefundable deposit|
|September 1, 2019||Tuition Payment||½ Remaining Tuition Balance|
|February 1, 2020||Final Tuition Payment||Remaining Tuition Balance & Optional Program Add-Ons|
Required Forms for All Students
Parents must complete the following fillable PDF forms regarding their child for the 2019-2020 school year. Please submit forms to email@example.com.
- Emergency Form: This form provides the Preschool with emergency contact information.
- Parent/ Child Reunification Authorization: This form authorizes the Preschool to release your child to the specific individuals named on the form (other than the parents or legal guardians). For example, if your child’s nanny or grandparent intends to pick him/her up , you must authorize his/her release. The Preschool will not permit children to leave with individuals not authorized by the parent/legal guardian.ge Preschool publications.
- Immunization Certificate: The State of Maryland has established immunization requirements for students in preschool and above, including private preschools. The Immunization Certificate should be completed by your child’s healthcare provider. If your child is exempt from vaccinations due to medical contraindications or religious objection, please complete those portions of the form and return them to me. Immunization Certificates may be scanned and emailed to me or sent by mail to the address above
- MD Health Inventory
Forms for Students with Allergies/Medication Requirements
Families with children who have food allergies that may result in anaphylaxis please return the following forms. If this does not apply to your child, you do not need to complete the following forms.
About Our School
St. George Greek Preschool’s mission is to provide an environment where children can grow and develop, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually and physically, while being immersed in the Greek language.
We are an immersion preschool taught in Greek. School is in session from September through May at St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Bethesda, Maryland. Each class is taught by an early childhood Greek speaking teacher. Every week a different subject is the focus of the classroom. Parents receive weekly emails with the key vocabulary and concepts. The children engage in various hands-on activities designed to introduce them to the current learning objectives.
The main goals of the school are communication and Greek language development and introduction to the fundamental religious beliefs and Greek culture.
Our program was started, in 2009, by a group of St. George moms, with the support of Father Dimitrios Antokas and the parish council, under the direction of Kyria Nicoletta Argyridou. The moms were gathering regularly as part of the Little Angels, a caregiver and child playgroup, at St. George. They had a vision of creating something more organized that embraced the Greek Language. In 2012, Kyria Marilena Tsirigotakis-Michalas, became our director and helped to grow the program to meet the demands of our community. The program has grown an incredible amount, from two classes to five different classes.
Director: Marilena Tsirigotakis-Michalas
President – Yianna Marinos
Treasurer- Gina Lambis McNeal
Events – Nikki Marafatsos and Elena Saviolakis
Registration- Sheila Tiwari
Parish Council Liason – Tony Alexiou
Board Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org