About the Little Angels
We would like to welcome any moms/dads/relatives of or with little ones from newborn to 4 years old. We plan to meet every month on the first Friday of the month from 10:00-12:00 PM at Church with Father. Meetings will continue through April since the church will be getting ready for the Festival in May. We will additionally have two "outings" or events held outside the Church in the area each month. One will take place during the week, and one on weekends; so, even if both parents are working, they will be able to participate. I have planned the events through the beginning of January. Events from January on will be planned, available, and posted in November/December. We would like to welcome you to join us.
For more up-to-date information on the Little Angels Group at Saint George, please contact Rhea Karavangelos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, October 7th 10:00-12:00 PM - Playgroup at St. George
- Wednesday, October 12th 10:00-12:00 - Butler's Orchard - Pumpkin Patch
- Saturday. October 22nd 10:00-10:30 AM - Glen Echo Tot Theater and then play in the park and picnic
- Friday, November 4th 10:00-12:00 PM - Playgroup at St. George
- Saturday, November 12th 10:00-12:00 PM - Noyes Library for young children in Kensington
- Friday, November 18th 10:30-11:30 AM - Cabin John Mall Performer Mr. Knick Knack
- Friday, December 2nd 10:00-12:00 AM - Playgroup at St. George
- Friday, December 9th 10:00-12:00 AM - Playgroup at St. George - make Holiday cards for Parish shut-ins/elderly, etc.
- Sunday, December 11th 5:30-8:30 PM - Brookside Gardens lights and train display
- Friday, January 6th for Epiphany/Playgroup at St. George
- Tueday, January 10th 10:30-11:30 AM - Music at Lebanese Taverna
Parenting keeps us all busy, so we have made it easier to keep in touch with Facebook. If you have account, just "LIKE" Little Angels of Saint George Greek Orthodox Church http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Angels-of-Saint-George-Greek-Orthodox-Church/156982254356027 and you'll receive a streamlined update information as well as connect with other members.
Meals for Moms
The Meals for Moms Program will be part of our support system within our group and will provide moms with a new addition, recovering from surgery, a serious illness, suffering the loss of a loved one, or just going through a difficult family situation, with support. Please don't hesitate to ask for help and to others please respond generously.
If the playgroup is small, and you are meeting in the nursery, please place your STROLLERS in the VENDING ROOM. It is a FIRE hazard to have them in the hallway. You can place strollers in the Founder's Hall on days we meet in there. Thank you so much for your cooperation.
The Little Angel's play group was established by The Reverend Dr. Anthanathios Demos in October of 1999 to promote new friendships within our Greek community, to establish a support system for the new Mothers of the community, and most importantly, to provide a fun, creative, relaxing, and engaging atmospher for all our children to play, expore, interact, socialize, and develop into long-term friendships with the ministries of the church community.
Along with the networking of friendships, fellowship, and a place to come and get out of the house to escape the mundane every day activities, Philanthropic Aspects of Little Angels feels very strongly about giving to its community and those less fortunate in any way possible. We have one annual charity that we support each Christmas, which is Toys for Tots. We feel since we are the youngest organization at St. George that we have the experts to help us pick out what needy children would love best under their tree. We graciously contribute to the St. George Festival, Goya, Kollecas House, St. Basil's Academy, Hats Off Silent Auction, The Vasilopita, MWOSH, The Ladies Philoptochos of St.George, Nursery/Cribbery, Epitaphios. We feel these charitable causes enrich us and not only help us grow but allow our community to grow and prosper as well.